Stained Glass Benefits
Do you need stained glass repair or restoration, Denver or the metropolitan area? Denver Stained Glass has extensive experience with restoring stained glass windows and other pieces back to their original beauty. In fact, we have a collection of antique stained glass windows, each one a beauty, that we imported from Scotland and have lovingly restored ourselves.
Click here to take a look at the wonderful designs in the Scottish Antique Collection.
Many times, people will buy an older home in one of Denver’s historic neighborhoods that has stained glass windows. They might not realize that they can have these windows restored, polished, and given back their original luster. Even if there are missing pieces of glass, we can usually find a match.
With our process for stained glass restoration, Denver homeowners need not worry about their pieces being ruined or coming back to them without that lovely old look that they originally wanted. We will only take apart the window or other stained glass piece just enough to reach the damaged part. And we use special dark leads that will mimic the look of the ages lead strips in your window.
How we will work to restore your panel depends on exactly what it needs. If you do have a piece that you think needs repair, we would have to see it to determine exactly what to do and how much it would cost. There are various things that can befall stained glass as the years march on.
1. Cracked or chipped pieces of glass. After all, glass is a fairly fragile substance. It’s incredible how durable it can also be, if taken care of.
2. Missing pieces of glass. If the caming is damaged or a piece is smashed out, perhaps by a flying rock.
3. Loose pieces of glass. This can happen if the lead caming gets brittle or bent.
4. Lead caming that is cracked or loose. Although the glass does not usually deteriorate much over time, the lead strips that hold the pieces of glass together can.
5. The entire window is bowed. This can happen over time from heavy winds.
6. Decades of built up grime, from a stained glass panel that faces the elements with no protection. (It is exactly for this reason that we install all of our new stained glass panels to the inside of the existing pane of glass, so that the elements do not touch them.)
None of these issues are insurmountable! If you are looking for stained glass restoration, Denver or anywhere up and down the Front Range, we hope you will give us a call. We’re happy to answer any questions about our repair and restoration services and if you decide to proceed, make an appointment for us to come and see the window.